Welcome to St. Mary the Virgin, Gamlingay
We are very pleased to announce that the Reverend Hilary Young will be our new Priest in Charge. She comes from a parish in West Yorkshire and she will be joining us at the end of July. The Reverend Young will be installed as our parish priest on Sunday 29th July. The special service will be held at 10:00 a.m. in St. Mary's Church, Gamlingay. Everyone is welcome to come to the service and meet Hilary.
Our Safeguarding Policy for children, young people and adults
The care and protection of children, young people and adults in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church.
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any resonsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegationsof abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
IF YOU ARE CONCERNED
that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
Safeguarding Officer for Gamlingay and Hatley PCC
Tel. 01767 651332
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
If there is immediate risk or danger please contact the police on 101.
Please visit the EVENTS page to see all the exciting activities planned in and around St. Mary's Church in the next few months.
If you would like to help the Church raise funds using Easy Fundraising click here.
Follow us on Twitter @Gamlingaychurch and Facebook at www.facebook.com/gamlingaychurch